Workshops: Learn our positioning framework
If you have any of the problems listed below, our workshop – available online or on-site – can help you overcome them. “Positioning that makes it easier for buyers to buy” solves the following problems commonly found in B2B software and high-technology marketing:
- Failure to differentiate.
- Long sales cycles due to market confusion; i.e., copycat marketing.
- Multiple benefit claims that compete against each other for prominence and effectiveness.
- Claims that fail any reasonable test of credibility.
- Marketing campaigns fail because the message does not matter to the target audience.
- Spending hours debating what to say in the next marketing campaign.
- The product marketing team can’t keep up with demand for lead generation programs and campaigns.
- Lack of understanding about what will resonate with the target audience.
The 90-minute, online workshop takes you through our positioning framework step-by-step. You will discover an easy, logical, framework that helps you converge on a positioning strategy that makes it easier for buyers to buy.
Workshop available on-site or online (signup below)
While both the online and on-site workshops cover the same content and concepts, the on-site option is customized to your situation.
Companies who elect to have the workshop conducted on-site extend the value of it through “hands-on” breakout sessions in the afternoon. Participants work in small groups to apply what they learned to real world situations. Then each group shares their findings.
Attendees online or on-site receive a 60-page book designed to complement the workshop and serve as a reference guide when you are doing positioning on the job. They also receive a fill-in-the-blanks workbook that provides guidance as they progress through the framework.
A summary of what you’ll learn
The workshop teaches you the assumptions, steps, questions and evaluation criteria to help you create a compelling, unique position that sets you apart from your competitors. It presents examples of successful message strategies, which can be created for any product, service, solution, campaign, etc. – literally anything you need to communicate to your target market. The workshop covers the following:
- The 3Cs of successful positioning.
- How to get target audience’s attention with a benefit-oriented positioning statement.
- Why copycat marketing doesn’t work; why a unique, compelling story does.
- How to create a message strategy and manage it to make it easier for buyers to buy.
- How to document message strategies that serve as the foundation for all marketing.
- The importance of consistency and repetition.
… Plus other concepts and techniques you can use to develop your message strategy:
- Analyzing the 3C’s – your customers, competition and channel (how you sell either direct or through partners.
- Three Key Assumptions to start brainstorming sessions.
- Four Questions to ask during message strategy creation.
- The Three “Whats” – What is it? What does it do? What does it deliver?
- The Four Criteria for evaluating your positioning statement.
- Testing potential message strategies by applying them.
“Positioning that makes it easier for buyers to buy” has been taught to more than 1,000 professionals in B2B software and technology companies worldwide. They have used it to develop positioning that helps them stand out in their crowded markets.
The online workshop is scheduled at your convenience. Cost is $399. Signup now:
WORKSHOP SIGNUP PAGE
Pay by check:
Messages that Matter; 12411 SE 4th Place, Bellevue, WA 98005